Islamic Banking and FinanceSiraj Al Islam
“….achieve results in a very short time…”
“….we will not face any last minute surprise….”
“….always makes sure that we have in time alternative solutions….”
“…..advice is clear, concise and to the point which is appreciated when dealing with matters on a tight deadline….”
“….took control of things, the issues were resolved within a very short time and with the results we required…”
“….true professional and I would recommend his services to others….”
“….difficult transaction was undertaken with diligence and efficiency ensuring the whole process was completed smoothly…..”
“…..certainly one of the best lawyers I have worked with in my 20+ years career….”
“…fantastic business acumen and genuine enthusiasm…”
“….creativity and foresight…”
“…experience and confidence…”
“…genuinely lovely person…”
“…well-thought legal advice and is highly professional…”
“…well-regarded legal counsel in Shari’ah compliant structures…”
“…hard working and his attention to detail is incredible…”
“…an excellent legal advisor…”
“…very high moral standards…”
“…profound knowledge of Sharia’a Compliant Finance…”
“…dedication and persistence…”
“…particularly effective negotiator…”
“…great strategic grasp…”
“…tirelessly working to deliver as much as was possible…”
“…very diligent, energetic and innovative….”
“….very focused on the issue in hand with strong commercial results for the business….”
“…an asset to any organization….”
Our Islamic Banking and Finance capability has been described as “well beyond the ready-made, one-size-fits-all Islamic solutions.”
We care about the work that we do and will guide you to develop products and services that are likely to stand the test of time.
The demand for Islamic Banking and Finance products will only continue to increase; success will only however be for those who are willing to leave the past transactions behind and those who focus on substance over form. Let us work together for mutual success.
Representative transaction of our team include the following:
• Prepared Islamic Finance documents in connection with a $10B Ijara-based Islamic financing a downstream petrochemical complex.
• Created Ijara-based Islamic Finance document in connection with a major development project in the holy city of Makkah that was valued at $750M.
• Advised a consortium on the Qurayyah Independent Power Project 1 for building a facility to generate approximately 1800MW of electricity.
• Counselled on restructuring and correcting erroneous Shariah documentation drafted by opposing counsel, requiring a complete overhaul and redrafting for a facility valued in excess of SR1.2 Billion.
• Advised on the Rabigh Independent Power Project for building of an approximately 1,200 MW power plant.
• Guided the Riyadh Independent Power Project P11 for the development of a plant with approximately 1,729 MW power generation capacity.
• Proved vital to the restructuring and refinancing of a major petrochemical company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Advised on a $326M multicurrency project with cost overrun funding facilities structured as an Islamic commodity-backed Murabaha.
• Instrumental in the restructuring and renegotiation of key terms to extend existing facilities and gain approval for contract extensions related to the construction of health centres valued at SR340 Million.